Fwd: ACTION REQUIRED: Important changes to Fedora translation workflow

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 19:19:27 UTC 2011

Hi -

> I haven't looked into the details of this yet.  It would be good if more
> than one of us got familiar with handling the translation setup. [...]

I set up systemtap on transifex.net, not a big deal.  It seems though
that with a checked-in po/elfutils.pot file (instead of a
build-time-generated one), transifex would be able to use its
auto-pull updating and msgmerge facility, whereas now it seems that
we'd have to manually upload hand-built (or older released) ones
periodically.  This seems clumsier, but is the price to pay for
the current no-generated-files-in-git policy.

- FChE