Cleanup unknown line opcode printing and add set_discriminator check

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Sat Apr 2 15:44:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

Richard Henderson noticed that unknown (extended) line opcodes were
printed strangely. This patch fixes that by explicitly converting to
numbers and printing as hex. It also adds a DW_LNE_set_discriminator
check. I don't know if there is much to check here, I don't fully
understand why they are needed in the first place. Commit pushed to the
dwarf branch.

But DW_LNE_set_discriminator should already have been recognized. I
assume Richard had an old checkout but didn't configure with
--enable-maintainer-mode which would have regenerated known-dwarf.h.

I have also forgot that in the past. Is there a reason for not just
generating known-dwarf.h always? It only needs awk, and I assume that is
available on all systems by default we care about, isn't it?

Cheers,

Mark