[systemd-devel] Add more information to coredump related journald etnries

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Sep 9 15:46:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 09:55:39AM +0200, Jakub Filak wrote:
> My original intention was much less ambitious. I wanted to save the
> files in journald fields (_PROC_PID_STATUS, ...) and implement a tool
> based on Examples at:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/sd_journal_get_fd.html
>
> In the first version, the tool would wait for a new coredump and create
> same data directory as ABRT's coredumper (copy the journald message to
> disk).
You can almost do that already with journalct:

journalctl -f -o verbose MESSAGE_ID=fc2e22bc6ee647b6b90729ab34a250b1

will give you such output. A real solution should have something
like systemd-journal-upload, where the last observed cursor is
periodically saved to a file, so that after a restart you don't
iterate over old entries.

Zbyszek