Release of FAF 0.9 beta1

Michal Toman mtoman at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 12:06:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

many of you have recently shown an interest in deploying FAF. As we were
in the process of rewriting the core to make it easily pluginable for
3rd parties, my replies were mostly about waiting until a beta with very
basic functionality is finished.

Good news everyone - the day is here. I believe a brief introduction
into the design and basic ideas is covered on project wiki [1]. The wiki
also contains an installation guide [2] for the default use-case
(Fedora). Recommended host operating systems are Fedora 18, Fedora 19,
Fedora rawhide or RHEL6 - we have pre-built packages [3] for them and
have really tried to use them as hosts. Others may (but are not
guaranteed to) work.

The following functionality should be covered:
* Installing the server from scratch
* Pulling releases of Fedora
* Pulling components for a Fedora release
* Importing a yum repository and downloading its packages into storage
* Saving uReports dropped into /var/spool/faf/reports/incoming
* Showing the data in the webUI

The following functionality is *not* yet implemented:
* Retracing symbols
* Anything related to Red Hat Bugzilla
* Receiving reports from webUI (http://server/faf/reports/new)
* Clustering and creating problems
* Knowledgebase
We are focusing to finish all of these features ASAP and release a beta2

We would like to encourage you to send RFEs, ask questions or file bugs
on everything (code, API, documentation, usability...). Your help is
appreciated.

Michal & ABRT Team

[1] https://github.com/abrt/faf/wiki
[2] https://github.com/abrt/faf/wiki/Installation-Guide