How to get mock chroot with rpms for a core file?

Michal Toman mtoman at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 13:10:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

Let me clarify a little (sorry for missing the former e-mail). We were
keeping all the packages in a huge repo and were installing it with 'yum
install a-debuginfo b-debuginfo ... bash rpm gdb' in the past. This does
not work on a complex repo, because yum always installs whatever it
wants even though you specify the exact versions.

The trick we are doing at the moment is different. We install only a
very basic chroot with yum (bash, cpio, gdb, rpm) and then cpio all the
required packages and debuginfo inside. Yes, we are missing dependencies
and yes, we are missing %pre and %post scripts. Still the success rate
is much higher compared to using yum.

On 04.06.2013 14:47, Jan Kratochvil  wrote:
> (1)
> Is supported downloading the rpms from Retrace server's own rpm repository?
The repos are here http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/repos/, but they
only keep 2 or 3 latest versions of packages for each distribution
because of lack of space.

> (2)
> If I download the rpms some way (which I did above) is there a supported way
> of building the local mock chroot from them?
> [ This was my mail above about, yum is still forcing me to use newer rpms. ]
This is a bug in yum - RHBZ 771841 and there's not much we can do about
that.

Michal