How to get mock chroot with rpms for a core file?

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 12:52:28 UTC 2013

On 06/04/2013 02:47 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:44:27 +0200, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
>> Retrace server keeps all the rpms ever releaed in it's own
>> repository and it recreates the chroot with the specific package
>> versions using mock.
>
> (1)
> Is supported downloading the rpms from Retrace server's own rpm repository?

- no, but you can send your coredump to the retrace server...

> (2)
> If I download the rpms some way (which I did above) is there a supported way
> of building the local mock chroot from them?

- build your own repository from the downloaded packages and configure
mock to use it

> [ This was my mail above about, yum is still forcing me to use newer rpms. ]

- this is a bug in yum [rhbz#771841] you have to either provide exact
versions of all packages or yum will pull the latest and update even the
depending packages ignoring the version specified on cmdline

--Jirka