[copyleft-next] copyleft-next patent commons?

Ben Cotton bcotton at funnelfiasco.com
Fri Feb 22 21:51:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Pamela Chestek <pchestek at gmail.com> wrote:
>  So how about instead of "initiate" is it "allege or threaten"?

That strikes me as being somewhat vague. Perhaps there's already
precedent for this kind of wording, but it seems like this would add
the need for more litigation. Initiating the suit seems like a pretty
clear-cut action, whereas allege or threaten is open to
interpretation. (see also: "it's not a threat, it's a promise").

I agree with the principle, but I'm not sure how it could be worded. I
suppose "allege or threaten" may be enough of a scare tactic to
prevent suits than a provision actually intended to be enforced?

--
Ben Cotton