[copyleft-next] Limited-term copyleft

"Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)" copyleft-next at clacke.user.lysator.liu.se
Wed Feb 20 14:01:29 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-20 21:55, "Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)" wrote:

> If analysis shows that this kind of escrow would give enough benefits,
> that the risk of the source code being useless for reproducing the
> binaries is too great, then I can imagine a stronger model:

That is, if best-effort escrow would *not* give enough benefits.

> Source code is published, but with all rights reserved, except the right
> to use the source to produce a working binary and verify its function.

... which would mean that you could, as a beneficiary who finds the
published source useless, force them to improve the published source
even before the second five-year term is over, or prove that the
published source can indeed produce a working and equivalent binary.

--
    /c