[copyleft-next] Distributed issue tracking with ditz

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Sun Feb 17 22:20:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:10:24PM -0500, Jack Hill wrote:
> I look forward to hearing what you think about ditz.

Just a little update that I've been looking into this a bit though
haven't had much time to devote to it yet.

I've concluded that ditz as of the latest version available in the
apparently-official gitorious repository (not updated since 2011) is
just generally unusable with Ruby 1.9 (i.e., it would take more than a
minor patch to one file to deal with the 1.8/1.9 issues). I've
installed a copy of Ruby 1.8.7 on my working system and have also
toyed with forking ditz to frontport (is that a word?) it to Ruby 1.9,
which is *probably* not worth the time and effort for various reasons
I won't mention (particularly on the very off-chance that there is at
least one Ruby aficionado reading this). One reaction to all this is
to make me want to re-investigate Bugs Everywhere, since it is
possible that the intensity of my hostile reaction had something
unconsciously to do with Bradley promoting it. :)

At an abstract level, both of these are at any rate the kind of
solution I was looking for.

- RF