[copyleft-next] Limited-term copyleft

"Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)" copyleft-next at clacke.user.lysator.liu.se
Thu Feb 14 04:32:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-14 12:19, "Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)" wrote:
> On 2013-02-14 11:40, Richard Fontana wrote:
>  > Does anyone think the idea of a limited-term copyleft -- particularly
>  > given that copyleft-next is a software-oriented license -- is a
>  > good/bad idea?
>
> It is an excellent idea! I'd like to think this idea has been brewing in
> your mind since I mentioned it about a year ago. :-)
>
> I had the idea when I saw @zooko's license, which is precisely the
> opposite -- permissive for two years (IIRC), then strengthening to
> copyleft.

One year.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/COPYING.TGPPL.rst

"to distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work and Derivative
Works to the public, with the proviso that copies of Original Work or
Derivative Works that You distribute or communicate shall be licensed
under this Transitive Grace Period Public Licence no later than 12
months after You distributed or communicated said copies"

@zooko is https://identi.ca/zooko .

--
    /c