[copyleft-next] Distributed issue tracking with ditz

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Mon Feb 11 05:32:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:10:24PM -0500, Jack Hill wrote:
> I look forward to hearing what you think about ditz.

First, thanks for making this effort.

The ditz rubygem packaged in Fedora 17 is broken (this was actually
why I dismissed it originally [i.e., yesterday], as it struck me as
having some nice features similar to Bugs Everywhere). I cloned the
the latest version in the possibly-currently-maintained gitorious
repository but 'ditz init' crashed in this case as well.  (I should
have added 'works on Fedora' as a requirement as I wouldn't want to
have to switch to using Debian or Gentoo just to use ditz. :)

However, it is possible that the only problem is the use in one file
of case statement syntax now evidently illegal in Ruby 1.9.  I was
able to do 'ditz init' without it crashing after editing that file.

(Tom Marble, I have Ruby skillz!)

So maybe this will work ... I may not get a chance to examine it
further until sometime tomorrow evening.

- RF