[copyleft-next] Network access to Corresponding Source

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Sun Feb 10 04:58:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:50:01AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:15:32PM -0500, Richard Fontana wrote:
> >
> > I don't think requiring that user to use 'git clone' is
> > problematic. (Is the concern that this specific user may not have the
> > knowledge or software tools to do it?)
>
> What if the sources are only available under a proprietary source code
> management system which requires $$$ to obtain?

Though I suppose it could be made clearer, the requirement that the
Corresponding Source be made available 'at no charge' to me is
inconsistent with requiring someone to use a non-gratis tool to get a
copy of the Corresponding Source (with no other at-no-charge
option). GPLv2 and GPLv3 are certainly no clearer on this point.

- RF