[copyleft-next] Network access to Corresponding Source

Ben Cotton bcotton at funnelfiasco.com
Sat Feb 9 04:19:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Richard Fontana
<fontana at sharpeleven.org> wrote:
> Any suggestions for how to do this in ~25 words or less?
>
> The "in a reasonably equivalent manner" language in section 8 arguably
> takes care of it there (and where it doesn't, maybe there isn't really
> a problem).

I'm inclined to agree that "reasonably equivalent manner" is
sufficient, although it may not be clear. In the interests of
reminding myself that I still pay attention to this project, I've
created a merge request[1] that changes the language slightly in order
to make it more obvious that the method for getting the source should
be the same as getting the object code. If the object code requires
login or other hoops to access, I see no reason that the source can't
be subject to the same hoops. (Whether it *should* is another story,
but to my mind so long as obtaining the source is exactly as onerous
as obtaining any object code, it is not philosophically offensive).

[1] https://gitorious.org/copyleft-next/copyleft-next/merge_requests/30

--
Ben Cotton