[copyleft-next] Network access to Corresponding Source

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Fri Feb 8 23:05:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 02/08/2013 10:49 PM, Joshua Gay wrote:
> ## Stuff I'm not sure about
>
> * Requiring the user to use a version control systems (e.g., providing
> access only over a "git clone" statement).

I think this should be allowed.  The source code is in general aimed at
developers (what are you going to do with the source code if you're not
a developer?), and it is so common nowadays to distribute source code
and libraries through public DVCS repositories that even installers like
pip (python) and npm (node.js) support installing packages directly from
git repositories.

In fact, the only project I am aware of currently licensed under
copyleft-next links to its gitorious page as the only download link ;)

-- kuno / warp.
ps. gitorious does have a feature where it will generate a tarball for
you, but like most things on gitorious that link is not that easy to find.