[copyleft-next] best way to describe the contents of "Corresponding Source"

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Wed Sep 5 03:03:49 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 08:29 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
[re an earlier patch submitted by Bradley that used the term
"know-how" undefined in the Corresponding Source definition]:

> I dislike "know-how" because it is insanely vague. Much better to list
> the things (like configuration files) that might contain such
> know-how.

My own reaction had been that in my experience "know-how" was
typically a defined term in commercial agreements. However, I'm just
noting here that in the past day I've seen two different agreements
(essentially contracts of adhesion) in which "know-how" was used
undefined.

 - RF