[copyleft-next] Use of Gitorious and GitHub

Ben Cotton bcotton at funnelfiasco.com
Fri Nov 30 20:19:09 UTC 2012

If I may set aside the philosophical issues for the time being, I
think the better starting point is to ask "what do we need?"

Obviously, we need a git repository. Do we need an issue tracker? I
like the idea, but Ted has spoken against using anything except the
mailing list for communication. Are there other features we want? If
all we need is a git repo, then maybe moving off of Git{orious,Hub}
and putting the repo on fedorahosted is the way to go. Then there's
not much of a UI at all.

Is there a marketing aspect to be considered here? GitHub is pretty
visible, and it might help draw more people to copyleft-next if it's
hosted on GitHub.

Ben Cotton