[copyleft-next] Use of Gitorious and GitHub

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Fri Nov 30 17:04:09 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 11/30/2012 05:35 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Would anyone besides Bradley object (weakly or strongly) to my using
> GitHub as the apparent one true public source code repository for
> copyleft-next?

Insofar as I get a vote, I am weakly opposed for the same reasons bkuhn
is strongly opposed.

> Having used Gitorious for several months now, I have
> to say that I don't like it.

I certainly agree the user interaction design of github is infinitely
superior to gitorious.  But being faster, prettier and easier to use do
not in themselves seem like reasons to give up your freedom.

(Especially with git, where you can do almost everything you need to do
through the git command, with no need for direct interaction with the
web frontend of the server hosting the repository).

-- kuno / warp.