[copyleft-next] Should there be a written offer option?

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Mon Aug 6 17:43:57 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 07:54 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Luis Villa has proposed deletion of the written offer option
> https://gitorious.org/copyleft-next/copyleft-next/merge_requests/13
> calling it an anachronism.
>
> I'm torn on this one. Luis is correct in calling this provision
> "pro-distributor". I'm curious to know if anyone else has opinions on
> this. Especially Bradley, given his GPL enforcement experience.

I've decided to go ahead and delete the written offer option (see:
https://gitorious.org/copyleft-next/copyleft-next/commit/29301875d9e393b592f79f023590e77f0e0fe5ae

However, I'm still interested in hearing any arguments in favor of
retention of this option. Sufficiently convincing arguments may result
in restoration of the option.

 - Richard