Idea: Rate Coprs

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 15 17:05:45 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
> For developers, copr is a good experience.  You submit srpms and build
> them nicely, you get repos, it's all very good.
>
> For users, it is kind of a pile.  You can search, but it is hard to
> discover things.
>
> It might be nice if copr had a 'rating' system where I could give this
> copr 3 stars and that copr 5 stars.  You could then have a page where
> users could view coprs by popularity and find The Coolest Software.

+1 - I think that's a great idea, it helps users determine between
repos that have maintainers dedicated to keeping them up to date and
functional vs someone who was just using COPR as a short-term solution
or workspace. (Note: I think both are perfectly appropriate use cases,
but from an user perspective I think this would be a big win)

-AdamM