Copr Metrics for FLOCK?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 11:55:23 UTC 2015

Dne 28.7.2015 v 21:46 Remy DeCausemaker napsal(a):
> Coprs,
>
> Hi There! My name is Remy (decause in channel), and I just subscribed to this list :D
>
> I'm dropping by because I saw this blogpost hit the Fedora Planet today:
> https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/growth-of-fedora-repository-has-almost-stalled/
>
> In it Jiri makes a number of good points, and ballparks the number of copr repos around 3000, with an estimate of 2000 active. These numbers are interesting, but I was hoping to confirm them, or get a more up-to-date number for the upcoming "State of Fedora" keynote at FLOCK next month.
>
> I'm new around here, so bear with me if this is already posted somewhere, but is there a place I can find a count on the number of repos, and/or any other metrics that you folks may be tracking?
>
> The new Community Operations (CommOps) team is taking on a number of metrics related tasks, and building out all kinds of tools, which can be found here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommOps. We hang out in #fedora-commops if anybody is looking to join us and help build out this new subproject within Fedora.
>
> Thanks for any help you folks can provide, and I look forward to your response.
> --RemyD.

As of today there is:
* 3944 projects in Copr (999 increase since 2015-03-27), 1403 of them was deleted. So there is 2541 projects visible
right now.
  This indicate quite high turn over of projects.
* 2533 projects in Copr with at least one build (2359 with at least one build and not deleted project).
* 55529  builds of src.rpm (11,026 more builds since 2015-03-27)

Data from February are here:
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2015/03/27/copr_statistics/index.html

So more or less - Copr users built in last 4 months 25% of packages/builds/projects they built in previous 2 years!

If you want some other data, do not hesitate to ask.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA