ppc64le builders down

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 08:41:39 UTC 2015

Dne 6.7.2015 v 01:23 Sérgio Basto napsal(a):
> aside question :
> why ppc64le and not aarch64 or arm builders ?

Because IBM donated (as part of http://openpowerfoundation.org/) some machines to Brno University of Technology and we
cooperate with  their lab, so we were given some space there.
This is kind of pilot and if people (and IBM) will like it, we may get some machines from IBM directly to fedora-infra
data center.
Additionally PPC64LE is able to spawn VM so the implementation for Copr is easy.

ARM - while we have some machines (leftovers from secondary arch koji) they are unable to spawn VM (not enough RAM and
CPU power). Therefore to put it in Copr infrastructure we must set up periodic reprovision and remote resets, which is
not easy (i.e. there was no time for this yet).

AARCH64 - and this is very simple - we do not have HW for Copr. There is some for Koji, but Copr could not use it.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA