Usability suggestions for Copr web interface

Martin Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:28:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Radek Vokál <rvokal at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's yet another service .. how about using a Copr tag on
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org ?

+1

Hello Radek, guys,

I can see your point trying to stay away as much as possible from
bloatedness and keeping the code as minimal and maintainable as it
could be, a Golden goal, if you wish.

While it is true that a comment section built-in in Copr would feel
more 'natural', it is no less true that a properly tagged question on
Ask Fedora already solves the burden of implementing a new solution.

My question is: how feasible could it be to add a function to Copr
that automatically reads each repository information (may be on page
load) and automatically generates a link that points to an Ask Fedora
question already tagged with the name of the repo and the maintainer?
That way it would be like hitting the jackpot:
1. We can use a very useful solution that's already up, working and proven;
2. Discussions and development would be automatically accessible for
everyone using Ask Fedora;
3. All the information would be kept in a central hub instead being
scattered through different places.

The only downside I could see with this approach is that at first it
might not seem as seemingly integrated as with other alternatives, but
keeping with those impressions will be like scratching the surface,
once we get used to the new workflow everything should feel as
streamlined as usual.

-Martin