3rd-party kernel modules

Andrew Deason adeason at sinenomine.net
Fri Sep 26 16:12:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:57:29 -0000
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 09/16/2014 12:03 AM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> > I've only heard about COPR recently, so I'm not terribly familiar
> > with it. Are kmod or DKMS packages prohibited from COPR as in
> > Fedora, or are they allowed? I don't think I saw this explicitly
> > answered anywhere, but it's possible I just missed it.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhatIcanbuildinCopr

Yes, I did see that. The reason why I still wasn't sure is because of
bullet point (e) in that section ("violates any rules or guidelines of
the Fedora Project"), and kmod packages I believe do violate the
guidelines of the Fedora project.

Of course, now I'm cleared up on the topic now and I thank you for your
response, but I just wanted to explain why this wasn't immediately 100%
clear to me.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason at sinenomine.net