Sign of OOM kill?

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov baurthefirst at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:20:06 UTC 2014

Good day,

I was trying to build llvm snapshot on Copr,
and I have noticed that build succeeds for fedora 20,
but fails on fedora 21 and rawhide. All 64-bits.

At first I thought that it happens because of compiler version,
and rebuilt the same SRPM in local fedora 21 chroot, and
it succeeded.

In build log on Copr I see following lines

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:727142: Warning: end of file not at end of a line;
newline inserted
{standard input}:727209: Error: unrecognized symbol type ""
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instruction

So my guess is that build interrupted due to OOM killer? What amount of memory
chroots have? Because on local build with 4 GB of RAM build succeeded.

Thanks,