Automatically getting rid of obsoleted builds

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 16:45:02 UTC 2014

On 03/19/2014 05:38 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Ahh, so I probably don't need to worry. I had visions on having 25
> versions of every package in the metadata.

Yes. No worries. :)

The reason why I kept old builds for some time, is that you can e.g build 5 new versions of the same package during one
hour.
But some random user have yum metadata 4 hours old. And if Copr would keep only newest package and user will call "yum
install" he will get 404 and will be forced to "yum clean metadata".
With keeping old builds for some time, this will not happen. And as bonus, during that 14 days period, user can even
call "yum undo" to revert installation if he found it broken.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS