adding appstream-builder support in copr

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:36:10 UTC 2014

On 30 June 2014 06:46, jeandet alexis <alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> I've asked on fedora user list about viewing my app(built on copr) in
> gnome-software, Richard Hughes kindly answer me that it need
> appstream-builer support on copr to generate all necessary data. So my
> question is, is there any plan to add this feature on copr, in a near
> futur? later?

I think this would be awesome, and a really good test before we push
the functionality to the actual Fedora build servers. If anyone from
the COPR team likes the sound of this, please read
https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/blob/master/README.md and
then install libappstream-glib-builder from rawhide and then give it a
try. For repos of only a few hundred packages it should take a very
small amount of time to complete, although for the whole Fedora
rawhide archive it currently takes ~30 minutes to generate the
required metadata. Grab me on IRC if anyone is interested.

Richard