minimum buildroot packages are not installed

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 08:21:31 UTC 2014

On 07/18/2014 01:34 PM, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> On Thursday 17 of July 2014 11:44:32 Pavel Raiskup wrote:
>> Seems like the optional Chroot setup:
>> "Additional packages to be always present in minimal buildroot"
>> Stopped working because in the build [1], neither the scl-utils-build nor
>> compat-rpm-config packages are installed (both should be in installroot
>> command specified as I have set it to my for f21 chroots).
>
> Well, what I found interesting that (after a lot of re-trying with
> expectations I'll find the problem) I have done
> s/scl-utils-build compat-rpm-config/scl-utils-build/ in webui and ~> after
> this action, compat-rpm-config (even when it is _not_ now specified in
> web-ui) gets installed [1].
>
> This really seems to be frontend problem (or desync with backend?).  To
> debug this I would need low-level access to frontend/backend..  so
> probably someone with this permissions should look at it.
>
> [1] open http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/praiskup/autotools/fedora-21-x86_64/autotools-git-m4-1.9a-4.645_0dc1.fc20/root.log

Negative sir.
I see:
  DEBUG backend.py:991:  ['/usr/bin/yum', '--installroot', '/var/lib/mock/fedora-21-x86_64-mockbuilder-1720/root/',
'--releasever', '21', 'install', '@buildsys-build', 'scl-utils-build', 'compat-rpm-config']
in log.
And I just tested it and it operate normally.

I should note, that there is one design flaw in Copr - while list of chroot is recorded when you *submit* build, the
additional packages for chroot and not copied when you submit build, it is part of project properties and is read when
backend *pick up build from queue*.
So if configure your project to install foo into your minimal buildroot, then you submit src.rpm - it may sit in queue
for some time, then you immediately edit chroot and remove foo and put there bar. Then backend will pick up the build to
process and it will install 'bar' into minimal buildroot.

Can you be hitting this corner case?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS