[API change] - Skipped status and package versions

Adam Samalik asamalik at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 11:30:36 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

tomorrow, we are going to deploy new version of Copr which brings some new features and also one small API change.

As you probably know, if you try to rebuild a package which has been successfully built before (of the same version) Copr skips this package and marks the build as successful. In the new version we introduced a new state "Skipped" which will be used for this situation.

So, if you use API, please remember that Successful build can also come as Skipped.

We also extended the /api/coprs/build_detail/<build_id>/ which provides much more useful information including names and versions of packages which have been built. Please find an example below.

The same information is also provided on the build page in web-GUI.

If you want to see the changes now, check out the dev instance: http://copr-fe-dev.cloud.fedoraproject.org/

Have a nice day
Adam Samalik

Example result of /api/coprs/build_detail/<build_id>/
    {
      "status": "pending",
      "project": "myproject",
      "owner": "msuchy",