Fedora 18 End of Life

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Jan 16 16:24:04 UTC 2014

Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 09:16:44AM +0100, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
>> While the last option is probably best, I'm not sure if this is
>> worth the effort. How many people will appreciate having archived
>> old repos?
>
> If someone else uses GPLed binaries from a COPR repo and fulfills their
> source obligations by pointing to the repository we host, it's technically
> their problem if our repository goes away, but it would be a friendly
> gesture to at least keep the source RPMs around.

The thing is those copr repos will likely depend on EOLed Fedora
repos. Do we keep *those* around? I guess the answer will be different
for each mirror. Some will keep those repos for longer, some shorter.

But as you say, source RPMs might be nice to have at least.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241