Need 'cost' < 1000 for copr repos

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 19:36:04 UTC 2014

On 22 February 2014 18:47, Miroslav Suchy <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I thought that we have release number for that. Is there some
> reason that you can not bump it up?

A lot of time when people break rawhide it's because they bump a
soname of a library low down in the stack and then try to rebuild
everything against the new library. When this fails, rawhide is left
in a broken state for days on end. I want people to switch to a
testing strategy where they build the new library in copr using a
local srpm and then try building the other stuff on top of it using
the copr instance they spun up. If this succeeds, then the package can
be easily built for rawhide. If it fails, we can debug things without
people moaning that rawhide is broken.

When we're taking the other libraries from koji, we really want to use
the exact srpms from koji (which means we can't bump the
release/epoch) rather than trying to rebuild all of them by hand
(which is a lot of packages for GNOME for instance).

So, I can certainly work around things by downloading the srpm,
exploding it, bumping the release, repacking it, and then submitting
it, although this is going to increase the time takes to build a large
repo for me by a order of magnitude or more.

So cost would be an awesome thing to change for me :)

Richard.