fedmsg publication

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 13:12:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:47:57AM +0200, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> I like it. With few comments:

Great!  I've revised the patch in-place at:
  http://threebean.org/patches/copr-backend-first-pass-at-adding-fedmsg-hooks.patch

> * variable "what" is now undefined. It was parameter of event(), you removed
> it, but you continue to use it.

Ah, I actually define it inside the event function now:

    +        content = content or {}
    +        what = template.format(**content)

> * can you please add docstring to event(), which will explain the params?

Added.

> * I would much rather see it driven by config. I.e.have in copr-be.conf:
>    fedmsg_enabled=false
> as default. And in this case use such code:
>
> opts.fedmsg_enabled = _get_conf(cp, 'backend', 'fedmsg_enabled', False)
>        try:
>              if opts.fedmsg_enabled:
>                fedmsg.init(name="relay_inbound", cert_prefix="copr",
> active=True)
>
> which will neither fail nor emit log entries when fedmsg is not configured
> (by purpose).

Good idea!  This has been added everywhere (and an example added to
copr-be.conf.example).

> * can you please add the new requires to copr.spec in root of copr.git?

Done!