Meet docstring standards

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 22:17:00 UTC 2013

On Sep 13, 2013 2:31 PM, "Frankie Onuonga" <frankie.onuonga at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>
wrote:

set for a machine that is being used in production. This disables the
machine from displaying errors and warnings. Secret keys, backend passwords
and the path/location to the database is also set here"""

>>> If I like having lines below 80 characters, I disagree with the use of
'\' in
>>> documentation.
>
> I had used multilines cause of coding standards at pep8. I think not more
than 75 characters a line.
> Kindly do advice on what rule of thumb we should follow for us.
> I am not too sure what to use instead of the "\" . Kindly do advice on
that.

> Also thank you so much for being such a great team.

Ah, I see what the misunderstanding is.  Breaking lines at 79 chars is
good.  How to break the lines is the only objection here.  In python,
triple quotes start a multiline string.  So there's no need to have
backslashes for continuation. You can just do this:

"""Production Environment: The environmental values which are set for a
       machine that is being used in production.
      This disables the machine from displaying errors and warnings.
[...]
"""

-Toshio