Usage of Copr.repos

Tomas Radej tradej at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 12:21:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 00:25:48 -0500
seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> where is the copr.repos class you're talking about?

coprs_frontend/coprs/models.py -> Copr.repos

> do you mean the attribute of a copr which is repos? If so - that is
> just a list of repository baseurls which are used when mock is building
> the pkgs for the copr.
>
> Those baseurls are used by mock to find additional buildrequirements
> for the pkgs it is building.

Right, thanks. It would be nice to have that as a comment in code.

> urls are strings.

Ehm, of course. But with a variable of that name, you may be expecting
an URL-formatted string, a repo definition (in .repo format, also as a
string), a list of URLs, a list of .repo definitions, or anything
related. As of now, I can't make the answer out from the data available
in the code.

> Does that make sense?

Indeed it does, and thanks for explanation, but I find it rather
sub-optimal that it had to been made in an e-mail. Slavek told me that
you are expecting some new guys to contribute to the project, therefore
I would ask you to kindly focus on documenting such things very soon,
so that the newcomers have as readable code as possible.

TR

--
Tomas Radej <tradej at redhat.com>