Usage of Copr.repos

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 6 05:25:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:44:38 +0100
Tomas Radej <tradej at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can some of you guys please tell me what the Copr.repos class member
> is used for?

where is the copr.repos class you're talking about?

do you mean the attribute of a copr which is repos? If so - that is
just a list of repository baseurls which are used when mock is building
the pkgs for the copr.

Those baseurls are used by mock to find additional buildrequirements
for the pkgs it is building.

> I understand that it contains .repo files, but where will these come
> from and where will they go? Are they .repos for pointing to
> coprs/chroots created within the copr application, or will they be
> used as external repos submitted by users for build time or even
> something else?

They are used as external repos submitted by users.

That right there.

> Does the variable hold URLs or a list of strings or something else?
> Now I dont't really know what the variable does and/or if I'm supposed
> to touch it when implementing the generation of repo files for
> coprs/chroots (TRAC ticket 21 [1]).

urls are strings.

that variable has nothing to do with ticket 21.

ticket 21 is just about having the backend automatically generate
the .repo file like it would be in /etc/yum.repos.d/

Does that make sense?

-sv