Discussion: Usage of Repos Outside of Copr

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 11:14:18 UTC 2013

Dne 1.3.2013 10:23, Tomas Radej napsal(a):
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 03:26:09 -0500 (EST)
> Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> - A very nice functionality would be to only add other coprs to repos. This way, we could make sure that anything user tries to install will have dependencies met and also we will have them under control. Also, that would allow us to generate RPMs with .repo files that would depend on other (e.g. copr X depends on copr Y, generated RPM for X depends on RPM for Y, Yum can download that somehow). Thoughts?

Security aside, this must be allowed. If somebody want shoot oneself in
the foot, why anybody should prevent it?

If that is 3rd party repo with binary packages, how would you build them
otherwise in Copr, if you don't have sources? And if I want to get them,
nobody can stop me to repackage it in binary RPM.

You try to put more obstacles in a way then necessary and tries to
pretend that there is some security where it is not.

Vít