Usage of Copr.repos

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 07:37:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> Can some of you guys please tell me what the Copr.repos class member
> is
> used for?
>
> I understand that it contains .repo files, but where will these come
> from and where will they go? Are they .repos for pointing to
> coprs/chroots created within the copr application, or will they be
> used
> as external repos submitted by users for build time or even something
> else?
>
> Does the variable hold URLs or a list of strings or something else?
> Now
> I dont't really know what the variable does and/or if I'm supposed
> to touch it when implementing the generation of repo files for
> coprs/chroots (TRAC ticket 21 [1]).

Well, it is not exactly as you say. The Copr.repos list currently contains URLs of repos added to yum's baseurls (so basically the format that mockremote uses). Is this correct, Seth?
I'm quite sure that you should not touch it in terms of changing it, but there is a question whether or not to add it to the generated repofile. On first look, it might seem to be a good idea, but on the other hand, that might be a security risk, since anyone can add anything into repos and we have no control over it. So let's start by not using Copr.repos at all for generating the .repo files.

Slavek.

> Thanks a lot, TR
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/copr/ticket/21
>
> --