opening up and expanding.

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 05:42:18 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Sgallagh suggested opening up the current functionality of coprs to
> proven packagers - to discover more bugs and to help us figure out what
> else is needed.
>
> I'd like to suggest two things:
>
> 1. open up what we have to provenpackagers as sgallagh suggested
>
> 2. setting up a second 'dev' instance so we can test there before
> rolling over into the more public instance. - Also it will help us
> verify the setup process.
>
> I can easily setup a be and fe dev instances in the private openstack
> cloud we have setup. It would also let us refresh those instances and
> be sure we're still functional.
>
> -sv

Hey Seth and all,
although I have no problem with this, I'd like to suggest that we rethink the design a bit (at least of frontend) and I'd like to get rid of writing new DB migrations and just say that the current stuff will not be transfered to future testing instance. Would that be ok with everyone? I can keep creating migrations and testing that nothing breaks, but it takes a lot of time and I think this time could be spent better on creating new functionality.
As for the redesign, I'll post my ideas in a couple of days for comments, hopefully.

Does anyone disagree?
Thanks,
Slavek.

--