Packaging COPR

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 13:16:03 UTC 2013

I started to package COPR. I put in git copr.spec. Right now it
actually package just copr_cli (and I added man page there). Backend and
frontend are empty placeholders. I will change that in short future.

I use tito [1] for packaging. Here is just quick crash course for those
who does not know tito:

* tito is in fedora, so just "yum install tito"
* "tito build --rpm" will create package from latest git tag
* "tito build --srpm" will create source package from latest git tag
* "tito build --test --rpm" will create package from latest commit.
* "tito tag" will bump up version in spec file and create git tag.

for more info "man tito"

[1] https://github.com/dgoodwin/tito#about

Once COPR will be packaged I plan to:
* remove those *requirements.txt because they already differ from each
other and from actual code. Requirements will be decribed by "Requires"
inside of spec.
* later either remove copr-setup.txt or simplify it to running
"setup-frontend.sh" and "setup-backend.sh".

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering