Restricted vs. allowed content

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 09:18:19 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 10:55 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> AFAIK we will enforce the same licensing as Fedora (bad licenses stuff can't be built in Copr), other than that no restrictions.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#Bad_Licenses

Hmm, why we can not allow e.g. "W3C Documentation License"? It is bad
because "Does not permit modification, different from W3C Software
License". Fedora need to do modification from time to time. But we do not.

Or some licenses, which permits commercial use? It is blocker for
Fedora. But it is blocker for COPR?

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat, Software Engineer