copr cli tool

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 06:27:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:12:13AM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> > I'm going to try to recruit more people to work on coprs at fudcon.
> > :)
>
> Hi,
>
> I have had a little time to play with copr and tried to start working
> on the
> CLI. I am at the point that I think we will not be able to write down
> a CLI with
> the actual structure.
>
> We are using web forms which are csrf protected and the goal of csrf
> is pretty
> much to ensure that a user is following a given path which is what we
> want to
> circumvent with the CLI.
>
> So I am proposing that we build a /api/ which would expose the
> different
> possibilities that we described:
> - list the coprs of a user
> - create a new copr
> - build a copr
> - ...

Yep, that was my idea. I never meant to use current views for both web and cli. That's why I created the "copr.logic" package that is aimed to provide the functionality common to both web and cli-api views. It's not optimal ATM, but I guess we will figure out the best approach when we actually start working on the cli-api.
I was thinking of a simple REST cli-client + JSON answers from the server - or do you want to do it differently?

> I'll see if I get the time and courage to work on this in the
> airplane tomorrow,
> if I do, I'll send the patch here for review rather than pushing
> directly.

Great, looking forward to it :)

> Pierre

Regards,