Arbitrary chroots set for copr

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 06:48:28 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
>
> > Hi all, as you have probably figured out of the bunch of commits, I
> > have
> > implemented selecting arbitrary chroots set for copr. That means
> > that
> > you can now have a copr with e.g. fedora-rawhide-x86_64 and
> > fedora-18-i386. I've tested, but not that much, so if anyone can
> > try it
> > out and tell me about any bugs, I'd be glad :)
> >

> I took a look at how it sets up on the page. I am glad we have the
> arch
> as part of the root - it is how people are used to using mock so it
> makes sense to me to emulate that some.

Yep, emulating mock was my intention with this.

> We might need to figure out some way rather than a big list of
> checkboxes
> - but I like the idea - it makes specifying the roots much easier
> since
> then arch is a built-in to the roots being selected.

I was thinking about this and I think I'll provide some convenience checkboxes like "fedora 18" (that will select both arches) etc. and hide the big checkbox list by default (make it displayable by some JS fanciness). Does that sound better?

> Later additional arches like arm might make that tricky, of course -
> but
> we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Good option would be not to mark additional arches as selected when clicking the "fedora 18" button, because most people won't need it. Or we can allow the secondary arches on a per-user basis - users will have to request permission to build on them.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.