handling lots of builds on the same copr and same distro/chroots

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 15 22:08:45 UTC 2013

So I'm trying to figure out how to sensibly handle the following
situation:

user creates a new copr with fedora-16-i386 and fedora-16-x86_64

submits 3 pkgs to build: - that's buildid 45
submits 4 more pkgs to build: that's buildid 46
submits 2 more pkgs to build: that's buildid 47

If they are all building at the same time - then we're going to have a
conflict when createrepo will try to run (to say nothing of rsync for
syncing pkgs over).

I was thinking of tracking per-copr builds and locking the build process
such that if the copr has a build active another one cannot be added to
the queue until the earlier one has finished.

That's going to involve moving some code around so I can track which
builds are active a bit more easily.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,
-sv