access from cron jobs?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 5 17:37:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any way I can submit new pkgs to a copr by hand, instead of
> through the web interface?
>
> Here's my scenario I'm shooting for.
> We would have a copr called "openshift-nightly".  We already have a cron
> job that builds tar balls of any new point release of our code.  That
> same cron job would then create a src.rpm from the tarball (we have the
> spec inside), put it in it's public url area.  Then submit the new
> package to copr, pointing to the URL.
>
> Even something like "wget
> http://copr-fe.cloud.fedoraproject.org/coprs/detail/tdawson/OpenShift_Test/submit/?https://mirror.openshift.com/pub/origin-server/rhel-6/SRPMS/activemq-5.6.0-1.el6_3.src.rpm"
> would be fine.
>
> If there isn't any way to submit via the command line, that's fine, as
> long as you put it down for a feature request. :)

There's no command line though I suspect something will need to be done
about that. The problem at the moment is that openid-authentication and
cli tools don't seem to have any overlap to speak of.

> Another feature request, though a lower priority, would be to accept tar
> balls as submissions.  This isn't as high a priority, because I am able
> to create the src.rpm myself.  Just would be nice.

One thing we talked about early on was how the goal was for this to accept
srpms and emit repos. If we come up with a cli you can obviously take
tarballs and churn out srpms on your own systems - and that allows us to
keep feature creep out. SRPMS in, REPOS out.

-sv