copr cli tool

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 15 21:18:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> Le vendredi 15 février 2013 à 15:18 -0500, Seth Vidal a écrit :
>> You are doing great work, do not wait for me to continue to do so.
>
> I did not block on you, you did not block anything, but I can make sure
> to blame you for not working on this in the train where I was the last
> few hours if you like :)
>
> No I was just wondering what you had in mind with this part, that you
> mentioned when you first spoke about the CLI tool:
>
>> coprcli info mycopr | python -m json.tool | check for
> something_or_another
>
> It is something like
> $ coprcli info foo
> Name: foo
> last 5 builds:
>
> Or did you have something else in mind (which I tend to think based on
> the succession of pipes you added) ?

I'm fine with info outputting something trivially human readable.

I can just see what a user might end up doing with it.

<create copr>
<submit build 1>
<check build status in a loop using info and a series of horrible grep
pipes :)>
<submit build 2>
<check build status in a loop using coprcli info>
<get url of results from coprcli info>
<use reposync to pull down all the pkgs to a local repo>

I guess I thought to make the json simple to access so we could keep
people from using grep and ultimately making our life harder :)

-sv