First signs of the new test infrastructure

Marius Vollmer marius.vollmer at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 09:21:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

on Friday we merged the first piece of the new test infrastructure.

The main goals are:

 * Rewrite our tests to work in more environments, such as on bare metal
   and as part of existing test efforts.  We use Avocado now to define
   and run the tests.

 * Get rid of our own custom code for defining and running test
   machines.  We use libvirt now, with virt-deploy.

This is early days still, and we have ported only 4 tests.  Those tests
need to pass for a pull request to become "Hubbot green", and I am
watching them closely.