[OFFLIST] Re: Ubuntu

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 09:52:03 UTC 2015

Wanted to include a partial response below to the list about extending
Cockpit, in case it helps anyone.

On 08.01.2015 04:39, Mark Constable wrote:
> My main interest with cockpit, once I can use it on a current ubuntu
> server, will be to provide an ultra simple PHP+BS4 frontend so the
> cockpit workflow can be more easily integrated with other PHP apps
> on a standard LEMP server.

Cool. And it's also really easy to add UI (eg: plugins) to Cockpit, so
if you have a workflow that needs extra UI it could be done like so:

http://stef.thewalter.net/creating-plugins-for-the-cockpit-user-interface.html
http://stef.thewalter.net/using-dbus-from-javascript-in-cockpit.html

You can also execute apps, write files, etc... All the current internal
API that's usable from the UI is documented here:

http://files.cockpit-project.org/guide/latest/api-cockpit.html

Not all stable yet, but we want to have it stable shortly.

Stef