Management Agent Question for Centos 6.x Servers

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 08:56:15 UTC 2015

On 08.01.2015 02:07, Donald DAvanzo wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a question regarding the management agent needed for Fedora 21
> Cockpit to monitor / manage Centos 6.x servers.
>
> 1) Are there any available; all I seem to be able to find are Centos 7 rpms
> 2) If no management agent rpms are available has anyone had any success
> compiling them from source to work with Centos 6.x
>
> I ask only cause we would like to use Cockpit in our cloud as our
> centralized management / monitoring tool, but many of our clients
> servers are Centos 6.x based.

We're trying to get to the point where we can build at least
cockpit-bridge (what you might call the agent) on RHEL 6 and CentOS 6.
There's Trello Roadmap card for this, but it needs to be filled out:

https://trello.com/c/3h8dyPl6/70-build-cockpit-bridge-rhel6

We would also need to customize the UI to avoid use of systemd and other
things like docker that are not available on RHEL 6.

Are you interested in contributing towards this, or just checking on the
status? If the former, I could work with you to identify which areas
need coding work, and break down the work into github issues.

Cheers,

Stef