Embedding the Cockpit Interface

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 07:22:33 UTC 2015

On 14.04.2015 08:53, Matt Jia wrote:
> I am trying to embed the Cockpit into our web application. When opening on Firefox,
> it shows the expected warning about self signed certificate, however you cannot trust
> the self signed certificate there, so is it possible to get around the exception as I
> want the users to stay on this page ?

Hmmm, good question. Are you able to configure the hosts running Cockpit
by putting a certificate in /etc/cockpit/ws-certs.d directory?

One perhaps better solution is to use SSH to connect to those remote
hosts, and only use cockpit-ws on a single machine that has a valid SSL
certificate.

Currently this requires adding them to the dashboard of that single
machine, but we could consider having a special URL that just exposes a
single remote machine. Needs some more thought.

Stef