Integrating Cockpit components into other Web Applications

James Strachan jstracha at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 05:36:26 UTC 2014

So we’ve a HTML5 (angularjs) console for kubernetes, fabric8, a wiki, dashboard, kibana, grafana and lots of Java stuff….
http://hawt.io/
http://hawt.io/plugins/index.html

Right now hawtio can work with the kubernetes pods/services/replication controllers (and view/filter/start/stop/create etc) and it let folks look inside JVMs if they are running, say, WildFly/Tomcat/ActiveMQ/Camel etc. Its basically our console for an aPaaS / iPaaS stuff (e.g. for things like JBoss Fuse on OpenShift).

For each pod/container in kubernetes we know the docker container id and host; so it’d be really awesome to then link/embed/reuse cockpit to view the docker container UI details; in particular viewing the logs of each docker container together with overall docker metadata etc.

Its been on our list for a while to figure out how to integrate hawtio and cockpit together; so cockpit can link/embed/reuse hawtio and vice versa. Right now the big pressing need we have is an easy way to access docker logs which might be the first use case that makes us try figure out how to embed/reuse/link cockpit inside hawtio.

So seeing this email thread was a timely reminder of something thats been on our TODO list for a while; so hopefully in a few weeks when we’re a little less loaded we can try it out.

On 16 Oct 2014, at 22:40, Andreas Nilsson <lists at andreasn.se> wrote:
> On 2014-10-16 21:58, James Strachan wrote:
>> Whoops, replied to the wrong email in a thread sorry! ;)
>>

> But do you need the Docker journal feature, or was that for another product alltogether?
> - Andreas

James
-------
Red Hat