[storaged] Mount points etc

Tomas Bzatek tbzatek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 13:03:43 UTC 2014

Hi Marius,

On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 10:12 +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> (I have CCed cockpit-devel, is there a better mailing list for
> storaged?)

We should be getting David's answer next week, after that depending on
the decision we'll hopefully announce the project publicly and create a
place to host it.

> That code is for cleaning up fstab when wiping/deleting some storage
> object:
>

> https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/blob/master/src/daemon/storagemanager.h#L39
>
> For example, when deleting a partition, any entry in fstab that
> refers
> to it should be removed.

This could live in libudisks2 (or "libstoraged") as it contains other
utility functions. I find it useful in some use cases, so why not.

> The tricky bit is that we also want to do this for block devices that
> might not currently exist, such as a stopped mdraid, a inactive
> logical
> volume, or a locked encrypted device.

Got your point, but don't have an idea for the moment, without the
need to activate the volumes first. One solution would be to use
string paths with a danger of not resolving symlinks (alternative
paths) and leaving traces behind.

> We have some test cases for this, which might help to explain what
> this
> is all about:
>

> https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/blob/master/test/check-storage#L843
>
> Does this fit into your plans for storaged?

Sure, I'll add this to my TODO list, there are other priorities now
however.

--
Tomas Bzatek <tbzatek at redhat.com>